Owner-Occupied Home Improvement Program
The Owner-Occupied Home Improvement Program is designed to provide an affordable means by which very low and low income home owners can correct code violations in their homes and improve their structures.
Funding secured from the NYS Affordable Housing Corporation, the City of Niagara Falls, & New York State Division of Housing & Community Renewal is used to provide Grant and Loan assistance to qualified families.
Qualifying families will receive a grant covering up to 100% of the Home Improvement Cost.
Center City’s in-house Rehab Specialist will inspect the home with the owners, complete improvement specifications, Bid the job to approved contractors and Monitor Construction Rehab.
- Property must be located in the Center City Service Area
- Deed must be in applicant’s name
- Taxes must be paid current on property
- Property must be insured
- No Second Mortgage or Home Equity loan allowed
- Property can NOT have had any work done by Center City, Community Development or Neighborhood Housing services in the last 15 years
- Structure must meet and Code and Housing Quality Standards upon completion of the rehabilitation
- Household Must meet Income Eligibility Requirements